Special Valley of the Kings/Ancient Temples – Luxor, Egypt Pre-Extension Tour (4 days/4 nights)*** ($1400/person)
***Luxor Tour is only available to those who have signed up for the February 14-21 Egypt tour!
- Wednesday night: Arrive in Cairo, Egypt by 7pm on Wednesday. Evening flight to Luxor. (Overnight in Luxor) (Roundtrip flight to Luxor and hotel included in the tour).
- Day 1 (Thursday): Valley of the Kings & the west bank of Nile temples (Start of Tour). Visit the famous royal tombs of the Pharaohs during the time of the exodus. See the tomb of Tutankhamun and his mummy and the tombs of other famous pharaohs. Afterward, we will travel to the famous mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut who some believe protected Moses from the death decree. Finally, we will visit some of the famous temples on the western side of the Nile before heading back to the hotel. Lunch will be overlooking the Nile or on a boat on the Nile. Dinner at the hotel. (Overnight Luxor)
- Day 2 (Friday): Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum & Mummification Museum. A day full of temples and a museum visit. We start off visiting the “Vatican” of ancient Egyptian religion – the Karnak Temple and a mile south of it the Luxor Temple complex. After lunch, we will head to the small but still amazing Luxor Museum which houses artifacts from the surrounding area of ancient Thebes and learn about mummification at the Mummification Museum. Lunch will be at a restaurant. Dinner at the hotel. (Overnight Luxor)
- Day 3 (Saturday): Hot air balloon ride over the area (optional) & Abydos. For those that wish to get up early and do the optional (additional cost) hot air balloon ride over Luxor, this option will be available. Everyone else will enjoy breakfast at the hotel and once the others return from their hot air balloon adventure we will drive 3 hours south to one of the oldest cities in ancient Egypt – Abydos – and is the sacred city of Osiris. We will explore The temple of Seti I also known as the Great Temple of Abydos which is one of the main historical sites in Abydos and the Great Osiris Temple. See the famous Abydos King List, also known as the Abydos Table, which is a list of the names of seventy-six kings of ancient Egypt. This list omits the names of many earlier pharaohs who were apparently considered illegitimate — such as the Hyksos, Hatshepsut, Akhenaten, Smenkhkare, Tutankhamen, and Ay. Lunch will be at a restaurant. Dinner at the hotel. (Overnight Luxor)
- Day 4 (Sunday): Return to Cairo (End of Tour). Morning flight back to Cairo. Check into the hotel and await the group arriving for the main Egypt tour. Feel free to shop in Cairo or just relax at the hotel. (Overnight in Cairo)
Ancient Egypt & Exodus Route Tour (7 days/7 nights)
- Sunday night: Arrive in Cairo, Egypt sometime on Sunday. Overnight in Cairo (hotel included in the tour).
- Day 1 (Monday): Giza and Saqqara Pyramids and Imhotep museum (Start of Tour). See the Step Pyramid of Saqqara and the grain pits around the oldest stone building in the world. Also, visit the museum of Imhotep who designed the Step Pyramid at Saqqara. Enjoy lunch on the Nile River. Travel back north to the famous Pyramids of Giza – one of the wonders of the ancient world! Dinner at the hotel. (Overnight Cairo)
- Day 2 (Tuesday): Cairo Museums. Spend the day visiting 2 important museums in Cairo focused on ancient Egyptian civilization. First, we will visit the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization (NMEC). The museum partially opened in February 2017 and will display a collection of 50,000 artifacts, presenting Egyptian civilization from prehistoric times to the present day including the royal mummies of 22 pharaohs. Next, we will visit the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. It is one of the world’s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts. If the Grand Egyptian Museum (GEM) is finally open we will visit that museum instead of one of the others. Described as the largest archaeological museum in the world, the Grand Egyptian Museum will house artifacts of ancient Egypt, including the complete Tutankhamun collection; many pieces will be displayed for the first time. Do a little shopping that evening if interested. Lunch and dinner will be at restaurants. (Overnight Cairo)
- Day 3 (Wednesday): The land of Goshen. Journey into the fertile land of Goshen in the eastern Nile Delta region. See why this was considered the best land in Egypt. In the afternoon we will visit the archaeological site of ancient Tanis which was a city in the north-eastern Nile Delta of Egypt (“In the sight of their fathers [Moses] performed wonders in the land of Egypt, in the fields of Zoan.” Psalm 78:12. Zoan = Tanis) and possibly the site of ancient Avaris (Tell el-Daba), capital of Egypt under the Hyksos. (Overnight in Ismailia on the Suez Canal)
- Day 4 (Thursday): The exodus route from Egypt toward the Red Sea. We start off from Goshen as the Israelites did and on our way out of Egypt we will visit Succoth the first camping site of the Israelites and 2-3 proposed traditional Sea of Reeds crossing sites on the eastern border of Egypt. We continue traveling into the Sinai Peninsula to the traditional Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine’s Monastery. (Overnight at the traditional Mount Sinai)
- Day 5 (Friday): A detour at the traditional Mount Sinai & Nuweiba – the real Red Sea crossing. In the morning we visit the traditional Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine’s Monastery along with the supposed Golden Calf Altar site before continuing our journey to the real Red Sea crossing site at Nuweiba, Egypt discovered by Ron Wyatt and researched by others. Upon arriving in Nuweiba we will visit the pillar that Ron Wyatt discovered that is now set up near the edge of the mountains. He discovered a matching pillar in Saudi Arabia and saw evidence there that these were set up by King Solomon to commemorate the crossing of the Red Sea. Finally, we will visit the beach where you can collect seashells and put your feet into the waters of the Red Sea and see how the Israelites were surrounded by mountains with no way of escape except into the sea. We will have a Friday evening opening Shabbat service at the beach where this amazing miracle occurred! (Overnight in Nuweiba on the Gulf of Aqaba (the Red Sea))
- Day 6 (Saturday): At Nuweiba – the real Red Sea Crossing. Relax at the hotel on the beach of the Red Sea. After breakfast join a Shabbat study with others or on your own. Enjoy lunch on your own at the hotel. In the afternoon we will drive to the northern side of Nuweiba to get a good view of the area where this spectacular miracle occurred. On the way to the northern area, we will stop by the mouth of Wadi Watir (Pi-HaHiroth) – the only way into this beach from the ancient trade route across the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt to Midian in NW Arabia. See first hand the geographic evidence that makes this site the only real candidate for the crossing of the Red Sea. Dinner at a Korean restaurant nearby. Yes Korean food at the Red Sea crossing! (Overnight in Nuweiba)
- Day 7 (Sunday): Travel day (End of tour). After breakfast, we will travel either by ferry to Aqaba, Jordan and then into Saudi Arabia via the land border if the borders are open (currently closed due to COVID-19). Or we will travel to Sharm El Sheikh for a flight back to Cairo. Those who are continuing on with us to the Saudi Arabia Midian tour to see the real Mount Sinai we will catch a flight from Cairo to Tabuk and stay overnight in Tabuk. Everyone else will catch their international flights home.
Saudi Arabia Midian/Mount Sinai Tour (5 days/5 nights)
- Sunday night: Arrive in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia sometime on Suday (Start of Tour). Overnight in Tabuk (lodging included in the tour).
- Day 1 (Monday): The Red Sea crossing/route of the exodus. Drive to the Red Sea crossing. Tour the crossing site area including a possible ride on a boat out onto the Gulf of Aqaba (the Red Sea). Snorkel or scuba dive or swim at the Red Sea crossing from the shore. Lunch at the beach or in Haql depending on the weather. Drive from the sea through the coastal mountains (Wilderness of Shur) via a possible path the Israelites took from the Red Sea crossing into the interior of the Land of Midian. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 2 (Tuesday): Oases in Midian, Home of Jethro & the split Rock of Horeb at Rephidim. Early morning we continue retracing the route of the exodus by visiting the Tayyib al Ism oasis which many consider the oasis of Elim where there were 12 wells even to this day and 70 palm trees. Explore the next nearby oasis at Magna on the beach to see a potential oasis that the Israelites used for camping on their journey (Numbers 33:10) where there used to be 12 springs of water. See the nearby Midianite ruins. Drive to the oasis and town of Al-bad’ for a tour of “Tombs of Jethro” and the traditional Well of Musa (Moses) where Moses met Jethro’s daughters. Here is the possible home of Jethro where Moses lived for 40 years. Lunch in Al-bad’. Finally, we enter the western side of the Jabal al-Lawz (Horeb) mountain range and see the famous split rock. Enjoy an afternoon contemplating how God provided water for the Israelites in the Rephidim area. See nearby petroglyphs and explore the arid plains where the possible battle against the Amalekites took place. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 3 (Wednesday): Mount Sinai – visit #1. Early morning drive into the area in front of Mount Sinai from the north (the most likely route the Israelites took to get to the eastern front side of Mount Sinai). Have breakfast on the massive plain in front of Mount Sinai where the Israelites camped. See the cow petroglyphs archaeological site that may be evidence of the golden calf site. Visit a massive nearby fenced-off archaeological site containing 1000s of graves. Continue exploring the area around the base of Mount Sinai seeing the possible altar set up by Moses beside the dry stream bed coming down from Mount Sinai and the ancient wells at the base. Recall the momentous events that happened there 3500 years ago when God audibly gave the 10 Commandments. Lunch will be at Mount Sinai. Travel back to Tabuk possibly see the new archaeology museum in Tabuk and visit a large bookstore to buy your own maps of the Tabuk province showing the Land of Midian if there is time. (Overnight in Tabuk)
- Day 4 (Thursday): Mount Sinai – visit #2. We will visit the red-painted archer pictograms found by Joel Richardson up the middle valley. For those that are able and if possible we will also climb to the summit of Mount Sinai and on the way back visit the cave where Elijah possibly stayed and visit the plateau on way to or from the summit (optional). For those not interested in climbing we can have transportation take them to the Tabuk to relax that day or enjoy a day in the plain at the base of Mount Sinai resting and exploring (depending on what the group would like to do and the weather). Breakfast and lunch will be at Mount Sinai. (Overnight in Tabuk)
- Day 5 (Friday): Eastern exit leaving Mount Sinai/Trade route to the Promised Land (End of Tour). Breakfast in Tabuk. Enjoy one last look at Mount Sinai. Exit via the eastern side of the encampment plain into the Hisma desert and see why the Israelites complained after journeying for 3 days in this beautiful yet desolate region. Lunch in the desert or back in Tabuk. Head back to Tabuk to pack and clean up. Tour is over. Fly home that evening or the next morning out of Tabuk. No hotel is provided for Friday night. If you wish to stay through the Shabbat and fly out Saturday night or Sunday this can be arranged. This would be an extra cost for the 1-2 extra nights in Tabuk.
Egypt/Exodus + Saudi Arabia Midian/Mount Sinai Combined Tour (12 days/12 nights)
- The itinerary for the combined tour is all of the above (except the optional Luxor, Egypt pre-tour).
Upcoming Tour Dates For All Tour Packages
- February 2021 Tours
- Saudi Arabia Exploring & Filming Expedition (Limited space available): February 1-9
Send us a message to learn more about joining the expedition: Contact us now
- Luxor, Egypt only (Special pre-tour extension): February 10-14** ($1400/person)
- Egypt: February 14-21
- Saudi Arabia: February 21-26
- Saudi Arabia Exploring & Filming Expedition (Limited space available): February 1-9
- March 2021 Tours
- Egypt: February 28-March 7
- Saudi Arabia: March 7-12
- Egypt: March 14-21
- Saudi Arabia: March 21-26
- April-May 2021 Tours – Details coming soon!!
The itineraries can be changed by DiscoveredSinai.com based on ground conditions and other factors.
**Luxor Tour is only available to those who have signed up for the February 14-21 Egypt tour!