Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Midian Tour ($1900*/adult; $1500*/child)
*The May 2020 tour will be shorter. The price upon registration will reflect this shorter tour.
**After the March 2020 tour the National Museum in Riyadh will be optional and not part of the main Midian tour.
- Day 1: Mount Sinai – visit #1. Early morning drive into the area in front of Mount Sinai. Have breakfast on the massive plain in front of Mount Sinai where the Israelites camped. See the cow petroglyphs archaeological that may be evidence of the golden calf site. Visit a massive nearby fenced-off archaeological site containing 1000s of graves. Continue exploring the area around the base of Mount Sinai seeing the possible altar set up by Moses beside the dry stream bed coming down from Mount Sinai and the ancient wells at the base. Recall the momentous events that happened there 3500 years ago when God audibly gave the 10 Commandments. Travel back to Tabuk possibly see the new archaeological museum in Tabuk. Visit a large bookstore to buy your own maps of the Tabuk province showing the Land of Midian. (Overnight in Tabuk)
- Day 2: Mount Sinai – visit #2. Check out of our lodging in Tabuk. We will attempt to visit the red-painted archer pictograms found by Joel Richardson up the middle valley. For those that are able and if possible we will also climb to the summit of Mount Sinai and on the way back visit the cave where Elijah possibly stayed. Visit the plateau on way to or from the summit (Optional). For those not interested in climbing we can have transportation take them to the hotel in Haql to relax on the Red Sea that day or enjoy a day in the plain resting and exploring (depending on what the group would like to do and the weather). (Overnight in Tabuk)
- Day 3: The Red Sea crossing/route of the exodus. Tour the crossing site area including a possible ride on a boat out onto the Gulf of Aqaba (the Red Sea). Snorkel or scuba dive or swim at the Red Sea crossing from the shore. Drive from the sea through the coastal mountains (Wilderness of Shur) via a possible path the Israelites took from the Red Sea crossing into the interior of the Land of Midian. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 4: The split Rock of Horeb/Rephidim and Oases in Midian. Early morning we enter the western side of the Jabal al-Lawz mountain range and see the famous split rock. Enjoy a morning contemplating how God provided water for the Israelites in the Rephidim area. See nearby petroglyphs and explore the arid plains where the possible battle against the Amalekites took place. Drive through the Land of Midian to the oasis of Al-bad’ for a tour of “Tombs of Jethro” and traditional Well of Musa (Moses) where Moses met Jethro’s daughters. Continue retracing the route of the exodus by visiting the Tayyib al Ism oasis which many consider the oasis of Elim where there were 12 wells even to this day and 70 palm trees. Explore the next nearby oasis at Magna on the beach to see a potential oasis that the Israelites used for camping on their journey (Numbers 33:10) where there used to be 12 springs of water. See the nearby Midianite ruins. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 5: Eastern exit leaving Mount Sinai/Trade route to the Promised Land. Continue on the northern route around the mountains to the eastern side of the mountain range. See the blackened peaks of Mount Sinai (Jabal Maqla in the Jabal al-Lawz range) and enjoy one last look at Mount Sinai. Exit via the east the encampment plain into the Hisma desert and see why the Israelites complained after journeying for 3 days in this beautiful yet desolate region. Head north to the freeway. Return to the hotel to clean up. Fly home that evening or the next morning out of Tabuk if not going on the Egyptian extension. (Overnight in Haql if continuing on to the Egyptian extension)
Egypt Extension Tour ($2000/adult; $1600/child)
- Day 6: Travel day/Exit Arabia. Leave the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and cross over into Aqaba, Jordan. Enjoy a nice lunch in the beautiful city of Aqaba and see the local sites. Enjoy some free time on the beach and visit some shops for souvenirs during your only time in the country of Jordan. Take the ferry from Aqaba down to Nuweiba, Egypt or travel via Israel overland to Egypt and cross at Taba border crossing. (Overnight in Nuweiba)
- Day 7: The Red Sea crossing (Egyptian side). See first hand the geographic evidence that makes this site the only real candidate for the crossing of the Red Sea. Visit the southern beach area where Ron Wyatt and his sons found coral encrusted chariot parts shapes underwater in the late 1970s. Next, see the granite column that was moved from the beach and set up next to the road. Ron Wyatt found a matching one that is now missing on the Saudi side of the Red Sea. Visit the area of Wadi Watir and learn first hand how the Israelites were trapped on this beach before God split the sea in two in one of the greatest miracles of the Bible. End the day enjoying the beach before our long drive across the Sinai Peninsula to ancient Egypt. (Overnight in Nuweiba).
- Day 8: The exodus route from Egypt to the Red Sea. Journey by car and plane across the desolate Sinai Peninsula as we make our way to the start of the Exodus on the eastern border of the Nile Delta. (Overnight in Cairo, Fayed or Ismailia)
- Day 9: The land of Goshen and ancient Egypt. Journey into the fertile land of Goshen in the eastern Nile Delta region. See why this was considered the best land of Egypt. See a few of the proposed traditional Red Sea crossing sites and learn how none of them match the Biblical record. (Overnight in Cairo)
- Day 10: Pyramids and Imhotep museum. See the Step Pyramid of Saqqara and the grain pits around the oldest stone building in the world. Also, visit the museum of Imhotep who designed the Step Pyramid at Saqqara. Enjoy lunch on the Nile River. Travel back north to the famous Pyramids of Giza. One of the wonders of the ancient world! Head back to your hotel to pack for your flight back to your home. (Overnight in Cairo if your flight leaves the next day and not that evening or if the flights to Turkey are not until later the next day if signed up for the Turkey extension.)
Turkey extension after Egypt ($1600/adult; $1000/child; Only available certain times of the year. See below for dates.)
Upcoming Tour Dates
- March 2020 Tours (Saudi Arabia + Egypt extension + Turkey extension available)
- Mar. 13 – Depart from your home country.
- Mar. 14 – Arrive in Riyadh.
- Mar. 15 – Tour National Museum of Saudi Arabia.
- Mar. 16-21 – Midian tour.
- Mar. 22-26 – Egypt tour extension.
- Mar. 27-31 – Turkey tour extension.
- April 1/2 – Fly home.
- May 2020 Tour (Saudi Arabia – Riyadh not included in this shorter tour)
- April 30 – Arrive in Aqaba, Jordan and cross over into Haql, Saudi Arabia.
- May 1 – Sunrise at the Red Sea crossing (Saudi side), Elim oasis, Magna Oasis, Well of Moses, Tombs of Jethro and finally the split Rock of Horeb.
- May 2 – The base of Mount Sinai: Altar of Moses, the cow petroglyphs golden calf altar site, the plain of encampment in front of Mount Sinai and the exit route out of the plain. Finally, end the day visiting the massive graveyard site nearby on the way back to Haql.
- May 3 – Climb Mount Sinai (all day). For those that do not wish to climb we will have that group enjoy a boat ride on the Red Sea and enjoy scuba diving or snorkeling on the crossing beach that day.
- May 4 – Cross back over to Jordan and fly home via Aqaba or Amman (or fly home from Tabuk, Saudi Arabia).
- October 2020 Tour (Saudi Arabia + Egypt extension + Turkey extension available)
- Dates coming Spring 2020.
- November 2020 Tours (Saudi Arabia + Egypt extension + Jordan extension available)
- Dates coming Spring 2020. We will be partnering with another tour company for this special Exodus tour: “From Goshen to Eternity”… from the land of slavery in ancient Egypt to Mount Nebo on the borders of the Promised Land.
- December 2020 Tour (Saudi Arabia + Egypt extension)
- Dates coming Spring 2020.