$3600 USD Ancient Egypt & Exodus Route Tour Only (6 days/7 nights)*
$3000 USD Saudi Arabia Mount Sinai Tour Only (5 days/5 nights)*
- Arrive in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia sometime on the day BEFORE the tour starts*.
Arrive in Tabuk (Airport code TUU). 1 night in Tabuk (hotel included in the tour). If you need help with deciding on flights to Tabuk we can help you.
*One can also fly into Aqaba, Jordan and cross over into Saudi Arabia and meet us at the Hayat hotel in Haql, Saudi Arabia. Please contact us for details on how to do that.
- Day 1: The Land of Midian where Moses fled to. (Start of Tour)
Embark on the official expedition, journeying to the ancient Land of Midian, the refuge of Moses while in exile. Here, you’ll get a glimpse of the Saudi town of Al-bad’, the hometown of Jethro. Uncover the mysteries of Jethro’s “Caves” or “Tombs” and enrich your understanding with a visit to the nearby museum. Discover the traditional well of Moses, the meeting spot of Moses and Zipporah, complemented by a breathtaking vista overlooking this area of Midian. As the day concludes, immerse yourself in the magical hues of sunset at the Red Sea crossing. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 2: From the Red Sea crossing to the Israelite camping sites of Midian (Possible Marah, Elim and the coastal Israelite campsite).
Kickstart the day with a revisit to the Red Sea crossing. If desired, you can snorkel from the shore or possibly even enjoy a boat ride across the Red Sea crossing, subject to the availability of permits for tourist boat rides. Witness Solomon’s pillar marker spot discovered by Ron Wyatt.Embark on a captivating journey following part of the exodus route into Midian and Shur. Your adventure continues towards the lush oasis of Wadi Tayyab Ism canyon, a potential site for Elim or Marah. Cap off the day with a visit to the enchanting coastal oasis of Magna, famous for its “Springs of Musa”. This is speculated to be a possible Numbers 33:9-10 coastal camping location, or Elim, according to some interpretations. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 3: Split Rock of Horeb.
Behold the amazing split Rock of Horeb, a highlight of our tour! Discovered by Jim and Penny Caldwell back in the 1990s. Scramble around this geological wonder and navigate through the split where, as per biblical accounts, water poured out when Moses struck the rock. In addition, we will venture to the stone circle dwellings discovered by the Caldwells. Observe the intriguing stone petroglyphs and footprint carvings found in the vicinity. As we drive through the surrounding encampment plains, visualize the possible site of the historical battle with the Amalekites. Immerse yourself in these stunning landmarks that blend spiritual significance with awe-inspiring natural desert beauty. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 4: The real Mount Sinai.
Get ready for an exhilarating visit to the base of the REAL Mount Sinai, known locally as Jabal Maqla in the Jabal al Lawz mountain range. Be captivated by the historic sites at its base – explore the potential graveyard of those killed following the Golden Calf incident, the intriguing cow petroglyphs (marking the probable Golden Calf altar site), the dried stream bed etching the path where water once flowed from the mountain, the substantial double-walled stone “wells” reaching 18 feet, and the Moses’ altar site with its beautiful white marble pillars. Enjoy lunch in the plain where the Israelites camped in front of Mount Sinai. Learn of the research as to why this is probably the real Mountain of God, Mount Horeb, in the Land of Midian.Witness the hallowed ground where the Ten Commandments were audibly delivered by God to Israel. A site once forbidden now welcomes public exploration! This extraordinary day of our tour is one you won’t want to miss, offering an unmatched fusion of Biblical significance, historical intrigue, and natural beauty. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 5: The Cave of Elijah & the Encampment Plain of the Israelites. (End of Tour**).
Savor your final gaze upon the awe-inspiring Mount Sinai. For those seeking a last burst of adventure, embark on a 2-3 hour climb to the Cave of Elijah, a site steeped in biblical lore. Then, we’ll venture eastward from the Israelite encampment plain into the starkly beautiful Hisma desert. Witness firsthand the desolate landscapes that led the Israelites to voice their complaints after journeying here for three days.For those not participating in our optional camping/climbing extension, we’ll return to Tabuk to refresh and prepare for the journey home. With the official tour concluded, guests will depart for their flights out of Arabia either that evening or the following morning from Tabuk.****Please note that no accommodation is provided for this final night if you decide to extend your stay in Arabia, but we are happy to assist with hotel arrangements (not included in the tour price) should you choose to depart the next day out of Tabuk.
$400 USD (OPTIONAL extension at the end of the tour) Camp at the base of Mount Sinai and climb early the next morning to the summit (4 meals included) (1.5 days/1 night).
- Day 1: Camp at Mount Sinai!
Extend your adventure with our optional outdoor day, where you get the unique opportunity to set up camp right at Mount Sinai, echoing the journey of the Israelites. Relish the extraordinary experience of sleeping under the stars at the Mountain of God, immersing yourself fully in the profound spirituality of this sacred place!
- Day 2: Hike to the summit of Mount Sinai!
Awaken with the dawn for an early morning ascent of Mount Sinai. Embark on this once-in-a-lifetime climb, reaching as high as your spirit takes you. Aim for the plateau, where according to the Bible, 70 elders ate with God up on the mountain, or dare to touch the peak shrouded in its signature blackened basalt rock. This day promises an unparalleled view from the southern peaks of Mount Sinai, a vista that only a privileged few have witnessed. By evening, we make our way back to Tabuk in time for your flight. Should you choose to stay in Tabuk for an extra night, arrangements for the following day’s departure can be made independently. Please note the hotel for this night is NOT included in the extension price.
Upcoming Tour Dates*
*The below dates are the on-the-ground tour dates. Everyone joining the tour needs to show up the day before the tour starts. Dinner and hotel stay that evening is included in the tour price.
2023 Fall Tours
- October 23-November 17, 2023 – Noah’s ark, Exodus, Mount Sinai, Jordan and Israel tour. Click here for details.
- October 30-November 4, 2023 – Ancient Egypt Exodus Route Tour. Arrive in Cairo on October 29th. Goshen to the Red Sea. Click here for Egypt tour details.
- November 6-10, 2023 – Sinai in Arabia Tour. Arrive in Tabuk on November 5th. Red Sea to Mount Sinai in Arabia.
- November 10-11, 2023 – Optional Extension – Camping at the base of Mount Sinai & Climbing to the summit.
- December 3-9, 2023 – Ancient Egypt Exodus Route Tour. Arrive in Cairo on December 2nd. Goshen to the Red Sea. Click here for Egypt tour details.
- December 11-15, 2023 – Sinai in Arabia Tour. Arrive in Tabuk on December 10th. Red Sea to Mount Sinai in Arabia.
- December 15-16, 2023 – Optional Extension – Camping at the base of Mount Sinai & Climbing to the summit.
2024 Winter & Spring Tours
- January 29-February 2, 2024 – Sinai in Arabia Tour. Arrive in Tabuk on January 28th. Red Sea to Mount Sinai in Arabia.
- February 2-3, 2024 – Optional Extension – Camping at the base of Mount Sinai & Climbing to the summit.
- Possible March 2024 tour dates to be determined.
- April 1-6, 2024 – Ancient Egypt Exodus Route Tour. Arrive in Cairo on March 31st. Goshen to the Red Sea. Click here for Egypt tour details.
- April 8-12, 2024 – Sinai in Arabia Tour. Arrive in Tabuk on April 7th. Red Sea to Mount Sinai in Arabia.
- April 12-13, 2024 – Optional Extension – Camping at the base of Mount Sinai & Climbing to the summit.
The itineraries can be changed by DiscoveredSinai.com based on ground conditions and other factors. If you have any questions you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us at +1-916-258-7092. Or write to us at: Discovered Media, ATTN: Andrew Jones, 3032 Verwood Place, Roseville, CA 95747, USA.
*For the latest Saudi Arabia tourist entry requirements please visit:
Exclusive: Tour participants will receive via email links to download copies of all our digital material sold on DiscoveredSinai.com’s online store that is related to the exodus and Mount Sinai topics.