Ancient Egypt & Exodus Route Tour (5 days/6 nights)
Saudi Arabia Mount Sinai Tour (5 days/5nights)*
- Arrive in Tabuk*, Saudi Arabia sometime on the day BEFORE the tour starts. 1 night in Tabuk (lodging included in the tour). *One can also fly into Aqaba, Jordan and cross over into Saudi Arabia and meet us at the Hayat hotel in Haql, Saudi Arabia. Please contact us for details on how to do that.
- Day 1: The Red Sea crossing/route of the exodus. (Start of Tour) Drive to the Red Sea crossing. Tour the crossing site area including a possible ride on a boat out onto the Gulf of Aqaba (the Red Sea). Snorkel or scuba dive or swim at the Red Sea crossing from the shore. Lunch at the beach or in Haql depending on the weather. Drive from the sea through the coastal mountains (Wilderness of Shur) via a possible path the Israelites took from the Red Sea crossing into the interior of the Land of Midian. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 2: Oases in Midian, Home of Jethro & the split Rock of Horeb at Rephidim. Early morning we continue retracing the route of the exodus by visiting the Tayyib al Ism oasis which many consider the oasis of Elim where there were 12 wells even to this day and 70 palm trees. Explore the next nearby oasis at Magna on the beach to see a potential oasis that the Israelites used for camping on their journey (Numbers 33:10) where there used to be 12 springs of water. See the nearby Midianite ruins. Drive to the oasis and town of Al-bad’ for a tour of “Tombs of Jethro” and the traditional Well of Musa (Moses) where Moses met Jethro’s daughters. Here is the possible home of Jethro where Moses lived for 40 years. Lunch in Al-bad’. Finally, we enter the western side of the Jabal al-Lawz (Horeb) mountain range and see the famous split rock. Enjoy an afternoon contemplating how God provided water for the Israelites in the Rephidim area. See nearby petroglyphs and explore the arid plains where the possible battle against the Amalekites took place. (Overnight in Haql)
- Day 3 (Wednesday): Mount Sinai – visit #1. Early morning drive into the area in front of Mount Sinai from the north (the most likely route the Israelites took to get to the eastern front side of Mount Sinai). Have breakfast on the massive plain in front of Mount Sinai where the Israelites camped. See the cow petroglyphs archaeological site that may be evidence of the golden calf site. Visit a massive nearby fenced-off archaeological site containing 1000s of graves. Continue exploring the area around the base of Mount Sinai seeing the possible altar set up by Moses beside the dry stream bed coming down from Mount Sinai and the ancient wells at the base. Recall the momentous events that happened there 3500 years ago when God audibly gave the 10 Commandments. Lunch will be at Mount Sinai. Travel back to Tabuk possibly see the new archaeology museum in Tabuk and visit a large bookstore to buy your own maps of the Tabuk province showing the Land of Midian if there is time. (Overnight in Tabuk)
- Day 4: Mount Sinai – visit #2. We will visit the red-painted archer pictograms found by Joel Richardson up the middle valley. For those that are able and if possible we will also climb to the summit of Mount Sinai and on the way back visit the cave where Elijah possibly stayed and visit the plateau on way to or from the summit (optional). For those not interested in climbing we can have transportation take them to the Tabuk to relax that day or enjoy a day in the plain at the base of Mount Sinai resting and exploring (depending on what the group would like to do and the weather). Breakfast and lunch will be at Mount Sinai. (Overnight in Tabuk)
- Day 5: Eastern exit leaving Mount Sinai/Trade route to the Promised Land (End of Tour). Breakfast in Tabuk. Enjoy one last look at Mount Sinai. Exit via the eastern side of the encampment plain into the Hisma desert and see why the Israelites complained after journeying for 3 days in this beautiful yet desolate region. Lunch in the desert or in Haql. For those not going on to Jordan with us they will head back to Tabuk to pack and clean up to catch their flight out of Arabia. Tour is over. Fly home that evening or the next morning out of Tabuk. No hotel is provided for this night if people stay longer in Arabia but hotel arrangements can be made (not included in tour price) if you wish to catch a flight out the next day and not that evening.
Upcoming Tour Dates*
*The below dates are the on-the-ground tour dates. Everyone joining the tour needs to show up the day before the tour starts. Dinner and hotel stay that evening is included in the tour price.
- October 9-14, 2022 – Ancient Egypt and the start of the exodus
- October 17-21, 2022 – Real Mount Sinai in Arabia
- October 9-21, 2022 – Egypt and the start of the exodus + Mount Sinai in Arabia combined tour
- November 20-25, 2022 – Ancient Egypt and the start of the exodus
- November 28-December 2, 2022 – Real Mount Sinai in Arabia
- November 20-December 2, 2022 – Egypt and the start of the exodus + Mount Sinai in Arabia combined tour
- March 5-10, 2023 – Ancient Egypt and the start of the exodus
- March 13-17, 2023 – Real Mount Sinai in Arabia
- March 5-17, 2023 – Egypt and the start of the exodus + Mount Sinai in Arabia combined tour
- Late Fall 2022 – Special Noah’s ark to Mount Sinai Tour. Travel with us from Turkey to Egypt to Saudi Arabia and end up at the borders of the Promised Land in Jordan. Optional Cappadocia and Istanbul, Turkey pre-trip and optional Israel post-trip extensions. Limited space! Full details coming soon!!
The itineraries can be changed by DiscoveredSinai.com based on ground conditions and other factors. If you have any questions you may contact us via our Contact web page or you can call us at +1-916-258-7092. Or write to us at: Discovered Media, ATTN: Andrew Jones, 3032 Verwood Place, Roseville, CA 95747, USA.
*For the latest Saudi Arabia tourist entry requirements please visit: